Walworth County, WI and Gateway Technical College: Light Years Ahead in Addressing Impending U.S. Manufacturing Needs
Recently, we received this invitation from Debbie Davidson, Vice President, Workforce & Economic Development Division at Gateway College:
“Dear Walworth County Manufacturer,
Due to the increased need for skilled manufacturing employees, Gateway Technical College, Walworth County Job Center and the Walworth County Economic Development Alliance (WCEDA), invite you to attend a planning meeting on July 26th at Gateway’s Elkhorn Campus (400 County Road H, Elkhorn, WI, South Building, Room 112) from 7:30am to 9:00am.
At this meeting we will discuss a variety of options to provide you with skilled technicians including:
- Developing curriculum to meet your needs;
- Offering training at the Elkhorn Campus and/or at your facility;
- Modifying and/or developing boot camps in manufacturing-related skills;
- Implementing an “Earn-and-Learn” model which would allow students to work for you while attending classes providing an opportunity for on-the-job skill application;
- Scheduling classes such as, Applied Math, Blueprint Reading, Safety, Gauging and Inspection, Measurement, Communication, Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt and more;
- Identifying funding models to support new and unique training models.
Please join us and be part of the conversation. The meeting is free. However, we ask that you make a reservation for our planning purposes. Please contact Debbie Davidson at 262-564-3422 or email firstname.lastname@example.org no later than July 20, 2012 to reserve your spot. We look forward to working with you to meet your hiring needs. If you are unable to attend, please consider sending a designee from your company. Feel free to share this invite with others throughout Walworth County.
Vice President, Workforce & Economic Development Division
Gateway Technical College
We’re planning to be there. Are you?