Millennials in Manufacturing – Precision Plus’ Interns Featured in Wisconsin Manufacturing & Commerce Video
Several of Elkhorn, WI’s Precision Plus’s summer college or college-bound interns were recently interviewed to get their take on working at a 21st century high tech manufacturing facility. The video was produced by Wisconsin Manufacturing & Commerce, Wisconsin’s Chamber of Commerce, to celebrate Wisconsin Manufacturing Month.
Here are some of the comments from the interns:
- “You create something from a piece of bar.”
- “You can touch and see something you drew on the computer”
- “You get to operate machinery that’s really expensive and they trust you.”
- “In the classroom, you learn all of the logistics, but here you actually get to do it.”
- “You look forward to the challenges, but you know that if you get stuck, you can ask someone.”
- “Expectations are not right. This is not a manufacturing plant from the 1800s!”
- “You’re just not sitting down. You’re constantly moving!”
Precision Plus is proud to have both internship and apprenticeship programs that connect millennials with manufacturing, providing hands-on experience that is bound to contribute to their future and the future of our country.